Thursday 20 June 2013

CHALLENGE THE CHALLENGING STATUS QUO



         CHALLENGE THE CHALLENGING STATUS QUO.

From the beginning I lived without asking questions but only proceeded at anything and what I got isn’t much different from the tale of he who lives by chance. I grew up to find myself in elementary school and didn’t ask those who put me there why? I only proceeded higher in schooling.

I saw people in different colo(u)rs, sizes, status, features and behavio(u)rs, I didn’t ask why? I doubt if I probed to know neither why I am male and not female nor what I am doing on earth as a child. The way people never probe why only a single family or some few families in the whole community should be entitled to be royal and not every family that make up a given human settlement.

So, I continued living life as it comes following what I see others do devoid of uniqueness of clue and pursuit. My peers in secondary school had their girls so, I had mine too. Little did we know what we were doing to our destiny yet, we never probed to ascertain if the time was right for such an exploit.

Thank God for dear mother - who has impacted in me sound moral values and fear of God; I would have got down to girlfriend’s panties and also messed up with her like others. How amazing! The said girl later left me for my junior schoolmate as both found each other on the same page to indulge in untimely gratification. To her, I was boring and uncivilized because I didn’t do it with her.

By and by, her departure and my uncompromising moral stand worked for my good. Perhaps, I would have been a father too early and you know the kind of a father that would be; it is the one that is only by being the donor of the semen out of wanton living and not by taking the required responsibility for the born child as a proud and prepared father. What kind of accidental fatherhood as a result of indiscipline and careless escapade! Probably, I would have also become a grandfather while writing this piece.

What a credit to mama! Though she didn’t spelt out to me my purpose on earth but that which she did saved me a whole lot and led me to the discovery of why I am here many years after. How sad it would be to discover at the tail end of your life that you have lived without a glimpse of divine direction? Only the grave is in the known of how many people have lived without knowing why they came since they never queried their existence when they were. Such people came and didn’t won. Why should you come and never conquer?

However, I began to gain deep insight into living and become “smart wise” not just wise or smart but the combination of both. This got me to be more successful as I am often conscious and deliberate about all I do when I started probing things, situations and persons; to unravel what it really means, what is most appropriate and suitable for situations and persons.

Consequently, this saves me from every thrash and possible crash like saving a physician from wrongly administering diarrhea medications to a diabetic patient. As it helps to orderly relate with everyone on my way without placing anybody too highly or lowly than where he/she rightly belong in my life nor placing myself too highly or lowly than where I belong in their life also. It saved me from giving too much attention to things of less or no value. It saved me from unprofitable investment and waste of time and resources. Had I failed to sternly probe and firmly challenge some things I would have been rendered greatly challenged.

I have challenged; why I should be a civil servant and not an employer of labo(u)r? Why should I be married when I am yet to build up capacity to hono(u)rably care for my family -materially, intellectually, financially, morally and spiritually? Why I should do just a single ceremony 4 times i.e. pre-introduction, the real introduction, court wedding, engagement (traditional wedding) and church wedding? Why I should spend my all, owe the bank or cooperative or individuals for such a ceremony or any kind when there are numerous business ideas to invest on? Why can’t I be the most impactful and richest person in the world? Why can’t I be highly successful without corrupt practices and partnership with devil? Why can’t I be quick at forgiving offences and never move to offend anyone?

I have rejected the status quo of ‘that is how things are done’ rather, I always seek to know how everything should be done and what is actually worth doing. I engage my mind to unravel the truth for right thinking to the nitty-gritty in the depth of the soul cannot make man mad no matter the volume of time put into it.

Now I am challenging you to probe your mind why should you remain just like that when you can immeasurably get better? Why should you be arrogant, rebellious, reckless, nutty, abusing substance and dressing indecently - exposing boobs and butt; in a bid to prove that you have ‘liver’ or to show how smart and civilized you are? Why for only a morsel will you bond yourself to a person as his/her “eru iku”( a Yoruba word loosely interpreted as ‘death slave’) to be sent errands he cannot dare send his wards because of the risk involved while you yourself is capable of having the whole world at your beacon and call if you will rightly work at it? Why will you live to rot in hell here after by not searching out the truth, the way and the life that leads to life eternal?

The price of not questioning to know the truth could cost mankind all Mother Nature has blessed the universe with; why should we leave our world as it is when we can make it better?

I leave you to ponder on the following lines.

Why should we stand against divine order by teaching ourselves and enforcing unnatural sexual practices and relationships?
Why the lastborn that is ready for marriage having everything obviously set and the time is right should not be allowed to marry until the firstborn get marry who is not even ready for such undertaking being established as part of the family ruling order?  
Why should there be “abobaku” (a Yoruba word loosely interpreted as; “The king’s death mate” – someone whose work is to be buried together with the king whenever the king is diseased) yet, he didn’t reign in the same position nor entitled to the same hono(u)r and privileges of the King?
Why should we leave every challenging order and status quo unchallenged?

No comments:

Post a Comment